Privacy statement, cookies & terms and conditions
This is the Prins Petfoods Privacy Statement. At Prins Petfoods, we process your personal data when you contact us by telephone, chat, e-mail or when you complete the (contact) form, for example.
We consider it very important to provide open, honest and transparent services. As such, we feel it is important that you know exactly which personal data we collect and for what purposes we use these personal data. This is clearly described in this privacy statement. We guarantee that the personal data are collected, used and deleted in a careful manner and in accordance with legislation and regulations.
Processing personal data
The following personal data are processed and stored in our CRM system (Microsoft Dynamics 365) when completing the (contact) form, starting a chat or when sending an e-mail:
- Your first and last name
- Your address
- Your postcode
- Your place of residence
- Your telephone number
- Your e-mail address
When you contact us by phone, we would also like to register your personal data in our CRM system so that we can assist you better in the future.
Why does Prins Petfoods need these data?
Prins Petfoods processes personal data for several purposes. These data are only used and stored for these purposes. These purposes are the following:
- To be able to provide you with a response if you require more information about our services or you wish to be kept informed about our products. This may be in writing (by e-mail and/or by post) or in a phone call. The data that must be provided are marked with a ‘*mandatory’ tag. This allows us to deploy our service in the best way possible.
- To be able to fulfil agreements entered into with clients, customers (consumers), customers (B2B), suppliers and employees. Personal data are processed in connection with promotions, in the case of questions and partnerships in order to comply with the agreement.
- For marketing activities. These may be personal data of former and current customers and business relations acquired at events. Obviously, only if you have provided consent by opting in.
- To improve our website and services. We do this in two ways: directly (such as the data you provide to us via our website) and indirectly (via cookie technology). Our website uses functional and analytical cookies to optimise the user experience.
Who receive these data?
Prins Petfoods only provides your data to third parties if this is necessary to fulfil an agreement with you or to comply with a statutory obligation. If you subscribe to the newsletter, we will forward your data to MailChimp so that you will actually start receiving the newsletter.
In principle, we do not share your data with other parties. Your data are only shared if this is necessary to provide our service or if we are required to do so by law. If this is the case, we share data with:
1. Our own employees
We share the data with employees if the purpose of the processing is in line with their position. For example: an employee contacts a customer to provide support regarding a question. This requires contact details.
2. Suppliers and entrepreneurs who work for Prins Petfoods.
We collaborate with service providers who build and manage our website and IT systems. We make sound arrangements with them regarding their obligations and authorisations. We lay these down in (processing) agreements.
3. Tax and Customs Administration
Data may be shared with the Tax and Customs Administration in the case of tax-related requests.
Data entered on a voucher are used to be able to process the request. Vouchers are received from the relevant Prins Kroon dealer where the voucher is handed in. The following data are requested:
- Your name
- Your e-mail address
- You can also indicate whether you would like to receive a free sample package of dog or cat food and whether you want to be kept informed of the latest Prins news.
Your e-mail address is stored in the MailChimp programme if you want to be kept informed of the latest Prins news. You will receive our newsletter an average of twice a month. You can easily unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive the newsletter. Every e-mail includes an unsubscribe link.
For how long are these data stored?
Prins Petfoods stores your data no longer than is necessary to achieve the purposes listed in this privacy statement:
- If you send us an e-mail, ask a question via a contact form, telephone or chat, the data you send or provide to us are stored for as long as is necessary to fully answer your question, depending on its nature. Obviously, you can always ask us to delete your data.
- Contact details: Prins Petfoods stores your data no longer than is necessary to achieve the purposes for which your data are collected. If it concerns advice about your pet, your data are stored for as long as the pet is in your possession. Your data may also be stored if no agreement is concluded with you. Obviously, you can always ask us to delete your data.
- Sending newsletters. We use your e-mail address for the newsletter exclusively on the basis of your consent. These e-mail addresses for our newsletter remain stored until you take action by unsubscribing your e-mail address. You may unsubscribe from this newsletter at any time; every newsletter includes an unsubscribe link.
- Google Analytics: The data collected on the website by Google Analytics are anonymous, so they are not connected to your name, business or e-mail address. These data are stored for an indefinite period within Google Analytics.
Our website includes a map provided by Google Maps. Several cookies are deployed when using Google Maps. The information collected by Google is anonymised as far as possible. Your IP address is expressly not provided. The information is transferred to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google states that it complies with the Safe Harbor principles and is affiliated with the Safe Harbor programme of the United States Department of Commerce. This means that there is a suitable level of protection regarding the processing of any personal data.
Access, modify, block, change or erase data
If you wish to know which of your personal data Prins Petfoods collects and uses, you may submit a request to that effect. You also have the right:
- To rectify or erase your personal data.
- To withdraw your consent concerning the data processing.
- To object to the processing of your personal data by Prins Petfoods.
- To data portability. This means that you have the right to request us to send the personal data we have about you in electronic form to you or to another organisation designated by you.
You may send a request to access, rectify or erase data to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will process your request as soon as possible. If you wish to make a complaint, send it to the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
We take the protection of your personal data seriously and have suitable measures in place to counter abuse, loss, unauthorised access, undesirable disclosure and unauthorised changes. Our website has a reliable SSL Certificate to safeguard your personal data. If you suspect that your personal data are not secured properly, if there are indications of abuse or if you require more information about the security of the personal data collected by us, please contact email@example.com.
No personal data
Google Analytics: Prins Petfoods uses Google Analytics to register how visitors use this website. Google is not allowed to use the Analytics information it has obtained for other Google services and IP addresses are anonymised.
You can switch off cookies via the settings of your browser (Internet programme). Not accepting cookies has no consequences for the use of the website.
General terms and conditions
Prins Petfoods, hereinafter referred to as Prins Petfoods, hereby grants you access to www.prinspetfoods.nl where it publishes texts, images and other materials supplied by Prins Petfoods and third parties. Prins Petfoods reserves the right in this connection to change the content or remove sections at any time without being obliged to notify you thereof.
The information on www.prinspetfoods.nl is intended to be without obligation and not as a specific offer to conclude an agreement. Agreements are only concluded by accepting a Prins Petfoods offer designated as such.
Materials offered at www.prinspetfoods.nl are offered without any form of warranty or claim of correctness. These materials may change at any time without prior notification by Prins Petfoods. All prices on prinspetfoods.nl are subject to clerical and programming errors in particular. No liability is accepted for the consequences of such errors. No agreement is formed on the basis of such errors.
All intellectual property rights concerning these materials vest in Prins Petfoods.
Date of publication: 18-07-2018