Being overweight increases the risk of health issues. You don’t want that to happen! We are happy to give you some advice. When your dog gets overweight, it is important to adapt the food and/or increase the exercise.
- Fat, big belly, no waistline.
- No stamina.
- Shortness of breath.
- Little activity, lots of sleeping.
Does your dog have a healthy weight? Check its condition at our bodyscore-chart below.
Prins has developed different food products for obese dogs.
- Prins ProCare Light Low Calorie is perfect for dogs that need to lose weight responsibly. This food ensures a preservation of muscle mass and increases fat burning.
- Prins ProCare Diet Weight Control & Diabetes and Prins ProCare Croque Diet Weight Reduction & Diabetic have been developed for dogs that need to lose weight responsibly and to support the regulation of the blood sugar levels. The food is low in calories and has supportive qualities for the dog during the period of weight loss.
- Prins ProCare Croque Weight Control keeps your dog at a healthy weight and satisfies even the biggest gourmands. Also very suitable for neutered or spayed dogs.
- Prins NatureCare Diet Weight Reduction & Diabetic is a wet food, specifically designed for adult obese or diabetic dogs. Contains extra dietary fibers, which help reduce the appetite and support your dog during the period of weight loss. In addition, this dietetic food supports a stability of the blood sugar levels which is essential for dogs with diabetes (mellitus).
- Provide plenty of exercise.
- Play with your dog!
- Present its meals in a food dispenser or puzzle.
We are here to help!
Would you like to know which food matches your dog best? Or maybe an advice on how to get your dog moving? Ask the Prins CareTeam for advice!