Make a tasty and responsible treat for your dog superfast? That's sausage with eggs! Try our recipe for Prins grain-free treat cookies, ideal for rewarding during training or just for fun.
- 2 eggs
- 1 Prins NatureCare sausage (grain-free and non-refrigerated meat food for dogs in sausage form, 250 grams). All Prins NatureCare sausages are grain free!
Watch your fingers, because dogs really like it!
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Cut the Prins NatureCare sausage into slices and mash them with a fork.
- Mix the mashed sausage with two eggs in a bowl until fairly smooth.
- Spread mounds of the mixture evenly on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Use a fork to press the mounds flat and form cookies. Those cookies can go into the oven on the baking sheet.
Bake the cookies for about an hour, which may be a little longer or shorter depending on the size and thickness of the cookies, until they are dry and firm. Your kitchen may start to smell like meat for a while now, the cookies themselves, however, do not smell strong.
When the cookies have cooled, they are ready to use. You can store them, depending on how dry they are, in a tightly sealed box for a few days, but trust us: they usually don't make it that long!
Do not give the cookie as a whole to your dog, but break it into small pieces to reward him, for example. Watch out for your fingers, because dogs really like it! You can also use the cookie pieces as filling for a Kong or food ball.