100% natural and tasty pressed food with insects or vegetable ingredients. Our choice of more sustainable ingredients is an important step towards a smaller ecological footprint. A kibble with all essential nutrients to keep our dogs healthy and happy now and in the future. An additional advantage is that these foods are hypoallergenic and therefore also suitable for sensitive adult dogs.
ProCare Insect & Rice
Hypoallergenic food with insects for sensitive adult dogs
Vegetarian food with rice protein for sensitive adult dogs
Our pressed foods make the difference!
- Pressed kibbles are prepared at a lower temperature. This saves energy compared to the production of extruded kibbles
- We only use high-quality ingredients, purchased as locally as possible from certified suppliers
- More kilos of pressed food fit on a pallet. This means less transport is required
- Pressed kibbles take up less space. That saves about 30% on packaging material
Our more sustainable ingredient choices
Black Soldier Fly larvae
Our insect meal is made from the larvae of the Black Soldier Fly. Insect larvae are nutritious and have a short life cycle. This means that the larvae grow very quickly, resulting in a high protein yield. Within 14 days, they are ready to be 'harvested' and processed.
We use insect protein in our diets as a high-quality protein source. It is very suitable for animals that have an allergic reaction to almost all animal protein sources. Insects are taxonomically so far removed from vertebrates (commonly used 'regular' protein sources) that allergic cross-reactions are impossible.
Did you know that…
- The adult flies do not eat, so in the larval stage they must ingest everything for the entire life cycle and are therefore very nutrient-dense
- The larvae are true omnivores and can certainly be a solution to food waste in the future
- Less than 1% of the eggs are needed to maintain the entire cycle
- The larvae are ready to be processed around 14 days
- The residual flow of larvae is used as natural fertilizer
Meat or vegetable ingredients provide proteins, among other things. Proteins are made up of amino acids. Amino acids are important building blocks for the body. It is important that the dog receives all essential amino acids.
We have purposely chosen rice protein as the protein source for our vegetarian food. Rice protein is not only easily digestible, but also has an amino acid profile that fits well with the dog's amino acid requirements. This means that this protein source contains all the essential amino acids in the right amounts and proportions for dogs, which is essential for your dog's health.
Sustainable algae oil!
New in our pressed kibble foods: algae oil as an animal-friendly alternative source for omega-3 fatty acids. Algae oil is very rich in the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA, which are essential fatty acids for dogs.
Algae oil is extracted from single-celled algae, which are able to grow and multiply very quickly. The microalgae are grown in large vats on land. This is done in a controlled and protected environment and therefore poses no risk of contamination (heavy metals).
Omega-3 fatty acids are often extracted from fish oil. By using algae, omega-3 fatty acids are extracted more efficiently and in a more animal-friendly manner. There is no need for fisheries, no overfishing or bycatch. Additional advantage: algae oil is so rich in essential fatty acids that you need much less of it than, for example, salmon oil.
The packaging of ProCare Insect & Rice and ProCare Veggie is made of mono-plastic and is therefore fully recyclable. Mono-plastic consists of just one material, instead of a combination of different types of plastics. This makes it easier to sort and recycle into new, high-quality plastic. This prevents residual waste and ensures that the bag can start a new life in another product.